You see, I have never been that good at relationships really. Apart from the obvious fact that I am a magnet for all the worst specimens of mankind, I don't have much patience! Truth is, I have been the instigator of most of my split ups, mainly because they have pissed me off once too many times or sometimes because they've been absolute a*******s! My honesty in these situations have gone as far as threatening to forcefully remove ones most intimate part and reattach it to their forehead should they even look in the same direction as me again!
Honestly, right now I'm one idiot away from getting myself a crazy cat lady starter kit, such as the one below I found in Istanbul last year! Altogether now... aaaaawwwwwwwww!
- I get to pamper my beloved self! Candle lit baths, face masks, a new outfit or lipstick perhaps?! I will fund this with all the money I have saved not having to spend it on some unappreciative muppet. WIN!
- Armed with aforementioned outfit and lipstick, I get to go on a night out with my fantastic friends and drink an alcoholic beverage or 2 (or 10).
- On said night out I can flirt with absolutely anyone I like or deem worthy of such attention!
- I can laugh and point at awkward couples nervously checking their phones every 2 minutes and visibly squirming in their seats trying to think of some form of conversation starter.
- I can lounge about in a onesie stuffing my face with ice cream watching Bridget Jones without fear of impunity. Well, I could, but, let's face it, I'm not going to. But hey, the option is still there!
Still not convinced?! Well, my married friend went so far as to ask me if I could take her husband out this Valentines instead so she could go on a girls night out as she wanted to 'live the single life' for once! Erm no, no I won't thanks!
Anyways, what does a single girl in Prague do on Valentines day? This year it was spent in Cloud 9 Bar, in the Hilton Hotel, Prague, with a group of my nearest, dearest and fabulously single friends.
We had an amazing night, best Valentines EVER! The staff were extremely friendly, the drinks exquisite and the food phenomenal!
On the menu:
- DANCING IN THE SKY. Vodka, Coconut Rum, Sweet Vermouth, Lychee Liqueur, Fresh Melon, Cranberry Juice.
- WATERMELON CLOUD. Vodka, Fresh Melon, Lemon Grass, Lime Juice, Lemonade.
- HEMINGWAY SPECIAL 145. White Rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Grapefruit Juice, Lime Juice.
- POMMERY BRUT ROYAL N.V Champagne.
- Lots of Chupitos, Rum, Lime Juice and a Cherry.
- Food: CLOUD 3 Serves 3–4 People.
- Crispy Prawns in Lime Tempura with Mango Coriander Salsa
- Iberico Ham, Tomato Pulp and Basil Olive Oil
- Seared Foie Gras with Ginger Bread Crust and Fig Mustard
- Tuna Loin, Avocado, Tomato, Ginger and Wasabi Cream
- Marinated Strawberry in Grand Marnier and Lemon Zest Mascarpone
Et voila! How to spend Valentines day as a singleton in Prague, no onesie needed! Want to see pictures?! Of course you do! Please see below!